SAFB Repair Squadron Operations Building 5008
Location: Scott AFB, IL | Owner: National Guard Bureau, USPFO for Illinois | Architect: Bailey Edward
The USPFO for Illinois, 182 MSG/MSC, chose Poettker Construction and its small business partner for interior and exterior upgrades to Squadron Operations Building 5008 located at Scott Air Force Base.
This complete and overall facility upgrade included:
- Repairing structural elements required by seismic classification rezoning
- Installing new blast-proof windows required by Anti-Terrorism Force Protection standards
- Repairing the standing seam roof and replacing the thermoplastic membrane on the existing flat roof
- Replacing the loading dock ramp and associated safety measures
- Adjusting the existing floor plan layout to better utilize the facility
- Updating interior finishes of the walls, ceilings, and flooring
- Upgrading the current mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire detection/suppression, and communication systems for better energy-efficiency
To accelerate construction, the government agency vacated the facility and utilized temporary office facilities throughout the project.
This project achieved LEED Silver Certification.
Joint Operations Mission Planning CenterDefense / Federal Government
Hunter Army Aircraft Maintenance HangarDefense / Federal Government
Whiteman AFB Cold Storage HangarDefense / Federal General Contracting Government
VA St. Louis Building 1, 51, & 52 RenovationsDefense / Federal General Contracting Government Healthcare Veterans / Healthcare
SAFB Repair Squadron Operations Building 5008Defense / Federal General Contracting Government
VA Kansas City Mental Health ClinicDefense / Federal General Contracting Government Healthcare Veterans / Healthcare
Weldon Spring Site Interpretive CenterDefense / Federal Government
Jefferson Barracks VA Engineering Warehouse & Campus Operations CenterDefense / Federal Distribution & Warehouse Government Healthcare Industrial & Manufacturing
Air Force Reserve Center Consolidated Mission ComplexDefense / Federal Government
Scott AFB Multi-Award Construction Contract ProgramDefense / Federal Government