Walmart & Sam’s Club Program
Location: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Missouri | Owner: Walmart Stores, Inc.
Poettker Construction has completed more than 340 projects for Walmart Stores, Inc. since 1986. These projects range from major renovations, interior buildouts, and expansions to new supercenters, specialty grocery stores, fuel stations, and distribution centers.
Currently, Poettker is working with Walmart on a multi-year renovation and expansion program focused on:
- creating more convenient interior and exterior “Online Order Pickup” areas
- expanding and automating product distribution between its stores
- refreshing interior finishes (painting, ceilings, flooring) and exterior paint
- upgrading plumbing, refrigeration, mechanical, fire protection, and electrical building systems
- repairing specific departments as needed (such as Grocery, Bakery, Seafood, Deli and Meat, Pharmacy, and Tire Lube Express)
As a trusted construction partner, Poettker collaborates with Walmart early during the preconstruction process to assist with constructability, budget, and schedule reviews. The focus of this program is to help Walmart reduce construction impact to their customers and to minimize project cost increases typically seen through change orders.