Richland County High School
Location: Olney, IL | Owner: Richland County CUSD #1 | Architect: BLDD Architects, Inc.
Richland County CUSD #1 engaged Poettker Construction’s Construction Management team to construct a modern education facility to accommodate their steady enrollment growth.
Focused on 3 main priorities, the district’s goal was to improve safety and security, increase accessibility, and create a 21st century learning environment for its students.
Key project components included:
- Demolition of an auditorium, classrooms, secondary entrance, and connecting hallway
- Full facility asbestos abatement
- New single main entrance for enhanced safety and security
- Major accessibility, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing upgrades to the front lobby, offices, classrooms, gymnasium and locker rooms, technology and information areas, media center, and District Office spaces, along with installation of new fire sprinkler and alarm systems
- New precast construction of an auditorium, fine arts theater, cafeteria, kitchen, common areas, and an auxiliary gymnasium
21st Century Learning
Improved Safety & Security
We are educators, not constructors. Without having Poettker’s construction management on our team, this process would be very difficult, specifcally trying to blend new construction and renovations into one facility. Engaging Poettker’s expertise was a great decision.
– Chris Simpson, Superintendent
Richland County CUSD #1
Litchfield Elementary SchoolsConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
South Central High SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
South Central Elementary SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
Panhandle CUSD #2 Classroom AdditionConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
Nokomis High School RenovationConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
Pierce Terrace Elementary SchoolDefense / Federal Education Government PK-12 Education
Wingate Elementary SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
Richland County High SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
Effingham Junior High School RenovationActive Construction Management Education PK-12 Education