Richland County High School
Location: Olney, IL | Owner: Richland County CUSD #1 | Architect: BLDD Architects, Inc.
Focused on 3 main priorities, the district’s goal was to improve safety and security, increase accessibility, and create a 21st century learning environment for its students.
Key project components included:
- Demolition of an auditorium, classrooms, secondary entrance, and connecting hallway
- Full facility asbestos abatement
- New single main entrance for enhanced safety and security
- Major accessibility, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing upgrades to the front lobby, offices, classrooms, gymnasium and locker rooms, technology and information areas, media center, and District Office spaces, along with installation of new fire sprinkler and alarm systems
- New precast construction of an auditorium, fine arts theater, cafeteria, kitchen, common areas, and an auxiliary gymnasium
“We are educators, not constructors. Without having Poettker’s construction management on our team, this process would be very difficult, specifcally trying to blend new construction and renovations into one facility. Engaging Poettker’s expertise was a great decision.”
– Chris Simpson, Superintendent
Richland County CUSD #1
- Richland County High SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
- Pierce Terrace Elementary SchoolDesign-Build Education Federal PK-12 Education
- Wingate Elementary Elementary School – Belleville, ILConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education