Veterans Airport Terminal
Location: Marion, IL | Owner: Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois | Architect: RS&H Illinois
Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois needed a new terminal. The 40+ year old facility required difficult and costly upkeep and contained an inefficient layout. Poettker Construction would take the municipal construction project on.
The new 23,000 SF, two-story terminal was designed with the ability for future expansion. Additionally, it features an improved layout separating passenger flow functions into arrival and departure areas. The new facility also featured a centralized security checkpoint and hold room.
Amenities and services include ticketing facilities, baggage screening and modern passenger waiting areas. Finally, after the municipal construction project completed, the new facility contained security screening and baggage markup areas, a new baggage carousel system, a business center and car rental offices.
“The Poettker Team was instrumental in all aspects of the construction process, from accurate cost estimating and detailed constructability reviews with value engineering recommendations, to on time and in budget project delivery. ”
– Douglas Kimmel, Airport Director
Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois
- Revela Senior LivingHospitality & Multi-Family
- Richland County High SchoolConstruction Management Education PK-12 Education
- ConAgra Food Preparation & Distribution FacilityDistribution Industrial
- Le Méridien MarriottGeneral Contracting Hospitality & Multi-Family Self-Perform
- Veterans Airport TerminalMunicipal
- Seven Gables InnGeneral Contracting Hospitality & Multi-Family
- ISU Watterson Commons Dining CenterEducation Higher Education
- Planet FitnessConstruction Management Recreation Retail
- SIH Cancer CenterGeneral Contracting Healthcare Self-Perform
- VA Medical Center MarionFederal General Contracting Healthcare