ConAgra Food Preparation & Distribution Facility
Locations: St. Elmo, IL | Owner: ConAgra (formerly Pinnacle Foods) | Architect: Alan H. Rice, R.A. Architect
After acquiring Wish-Bone salad dressing, ConAgra needed to streamline its existing production workflows and expand its St. Elmo food processing and distribution facility to accommodate the additional product line.
The project entailed renovations to the 200,000 SF facility for smoother operational flow and increased productivity of the current syrup and barbecue sauce product lines. Twelve (12) 36-foot tall, 12-foot diameter silos were removed from the facilities interior to create additional space within the building’s original footprint. To limit the facility’s operational impact, Poettker utilized two cranes to hoist the silos out of a roof opening.
The 40,000 SF expansion consisted of four commercial kitchens, a manufacturing line to bottle and package the final products, quality control testing laboratories, new offices, and product warehousing with cold storage freezer space accounting for nearly ½ the addition.
Poettker Construction self-performed demolition, rough and finish carpentry, and concrete footings and foundations work.
- ConAgra Food Preparation & Distribution FacilityDistribution Industrial
- Continental Tire CVT Max BuildingGeneral Contracting Industrial Self-Perform
- Continental Tire Distribution WarehouseDistribution General Contracting Industrial Self-Perform
- Continental Tire Plant IV Manufacturing CenterGeneral Contracting Industrial Self-Perform
- Jefferson Barracks VA Engineering Warehouse & Campus Operations CenterFederal General Contracting Government Healthcare Industrial